Exploring Enterprise 3 Programme 2015-2018
Exploring Enterprise3 programme (EE3p) is a pre-start enterprise programme targeting disadvantaged groups who are unemployed/economically inactive or working or in training less than 16 hours per week which aims to provide them with the opportunity to explore self-employment as an option to enter and/or return to the labour market. Participants do not need to have a specific business idea to join; the programme provides an insight into starting a business whilst allowing participants to work towards achieving a CCEA Level I in Understanding Business Enterprise qualification. In addition there will be an emphasis on guiding and assisting individuals into and through the mainstream business support/further education options, such as the FE colleges. Each course consists of the following components:
- Pre Training Personal Development Assessment – provided through 1-1 business mentor support;
- Training, to include the opportunity to work towards a QCF Level 1 in Understanding Business Enterprise;
- Work Study Visits to local businesses;
- Post Training Personal Development Plan to include business advisory support in improving participant’s skills and employability prospects.
- Equip participants with the attributes, capabilities and skills that progress them into employment or self-employment.
- Increase ‘soft’ skills.
- Offer a professional recognised qualification.
- Provide access to mentors with skills and expertise in relevant area.
- Provide signposting/access to relevant training and labour market support and resources.